FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. - UPDATE: KAPP-KVEW learned that the fire was started by someone burning weeds. The fire got out of control and spread to an outbuilding full of hay.
Multiple firefighters worked to contain a blaze ignited behind a home in Franklin County Monday evening.
Shortly after 5:00, the fire was reported at 551 Decker Road near Martindale Road. Crews arrived and found the fire under power lines. About five acres are burning, according to Walla Walla District 5 Fire Chief Mike Wickstrom.
At least one abandoned trailer and two outbuildings were burned. However, Wickstrom said it could be more.
It’s not clear how the fire started. Several agencies are assisting Franklin County Fire District 3 including Pasco Fire, Benton County Fire District 2, West Benton and Walla Walla Fire District 5. Wickstrom said a wild land strike team has been called in.
Power is not out, but Franklin PUD has been notified.
- Investors don't seem to know what to make of the US-China trade war
- FedEx CEO challenges New York Times to debate after critical story
- Health care jobs will keep US labor market going even in recession
- Washington state bans vapor products containing vitamin E acetate
- Columbia Basin College celebrates new food pantry for students