SUNNYSIDE, Wash. - Washington State Patrol has released the name of the driver killed in a Thursday night crash.
Troopers say 43-year-old Raul Lopez-Hernandez was driving west in the eastbound lanes on I-82, about a mile away from Sunnyside. He crashed into another car head-on, according to a press release.
Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the second car was sent to Kadlec Regional Medical Center.
The cause is under investigation. It's not known if drugs or alcohol played a factor in the crash.
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency
- Kennewick firefighters raising money to restore 1935 fire truck
- Spokane man convicted of killing ex's new boyfriend sentenced to life in prison