PASCO, Wash - The Tri-City Dust Devils held their first home game Tuesday night.
Fans poured into Gesa stadium to see Dusty, grab kettle corn and of course see the first home pitch of the season.
Our sports reporter Tori Cooper caught up with a legendary fan favorite and one local woman hyped for the start of the season.
"The Dust Devils are a great team and they represent our area the best," Kennewick resident Marlee Middleton said.
"This whole region knows that this is the best place to be during the summer, come on out to Gesa Stadium. Opening day is like a second Christmas to me," Eric Mertens, also known as Eric the Peanut Guy said.
The Dust Devils got off to a hot start on the home pitch with a final score of 10-0 over the Spokane Indians.
Both teams will play again Wednesday night as part of their three game series at Gesa stadium, first pitch is at 7:15 p.m.
- Montana state crime lab chemist charged with stealing meth
- Five suspects arrested in warrant sweep, four are documented gang members
- Lawsuit claims Washington State was negligent with data
- 2 charged with murder in alleged drug deal gone wrong
- Police arrest Idaho man accused of posting Facebook threats