KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - A Yakima man trying to pass another car on icy roads caused a violent crash on State Route 97 near Blewett Pass. One driver suffered severe injuries.
Near milepost 158 in Kittitas County, Washington State Patrol says 23-year-old Yakima resident, Dawson Finley, was going south on the highway.
A truck was going the other way. Troopers say Dawson attempted to pass a car and lost control, hitting the car going north.
Dawson was airlifted to Harborview. On Saturday night he was listed in serious condition in ICU. The people in the other car were injured, but not transported, according to a press release.
Trooper John Bryant said unsafe passing on icy roads caused the crash. Drugs or alcohol were not factors.
The crash was five miles south of Blewett Pass. Both directions were blocked for about an hour.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME