MOXEE, Wash. - The Washington State Department of Ecology has reported a sulfuric acid spill in Moxee.
The agency reported the spill on Twitter around 9 a.m. Sunday. It reportedly spilled when a worker was offloading the liquid from a rail car. KAPP-KVEW has learned that a failed valve caused the spill.
There is no threat to human health, the department reports.
Ecologists are at the scene talking to contractors who will clean up the spill.
It's not clear where the train was headed.
- US officials: Don't eat romaine lettuce grown in Salinas, California
- Jeff Bezos gives $5M for homeless families in Spokane
- Police: No evidence of abduction near Richland High so far
- Yakima police K9 Zorro bites felony warrant suspect who led officers on high-speed chase
- Yakima Police K-9 sends fleeing fugitive to hospital for surgery