PASCO, Wash. - The Tri-Cities Animal Shelter have released statistics regarding their animal intake in 2018.
They handled 2,969 animals during the year. 175 cats and 79 dogs were found dead on arrival.
127 dogs and 91 cats were surrendered by their owners. More than 1,000 cats and dogs were brought in as strays. Along with those animals, one stray pig and goat were taken in.
Of those, 317 cats and 598 dogs found their forever home. Some did not make it though. 24 cats and six dogs died at the facility.
Nearly 750 dogs were returned to their owner.
Some animals were euthanized for illness, injury or human aggression, according to the Tri-Cities Animal Shelter. 584 cats and 32 dogs were put to sleep.
More than 200 animals were transferred to another facility or rescue.
- Pasco man bites police officer
- Wells Fargo takes $1.6 billion hit linked to fake-account scandal
- IMF sees weaker global economic recovery
- ‘We're not mascots': Local lawyer sues New York company over Yakama-brand cigarettes
- Woman who survived 2016 gunshot to the head sees final attacker sentenced to 41 years