KENNEWICK, Wash. -- It looks like Tri-Cities' only arcade bar has a new name.
The former "Level Up," which opened on Columbia Center Boulevard in Kennewick in April, has changed its sign "Power Up" Arcade Bar after a trademark infringement lawsuit filed in federal court by a company Eugene, Oregon.
Level Up Arcade opened in Eugene near the University of Oregon campus in 2012
The business filed for a federal trademark in 2017, which was issued shortly before the Kennewick arcade bar opened in 2019. The trademark prohibits similar businesses from using the "Level Up" name in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and parts of California.
The lawsuit said the business requested for the owners of the Kennewick establishment to stop using the name, but they did not.
Apparently, they have since complied with the Eugene arcade bar's request.
Power Up Arcade Bar is located at 1022 N. Columbia Center Blvd. above Porter's Real Barbecue. Go to the company's Facebook page for more information.
- 'Game of Thrones' actor filming new movie in Spokane
- Port of Pasco approves new commercial buildings, construction to start in spring
- Coroner: WSU student died 4 hours before 1st 911 call
- "Cookie Monster": Man breaks window of West Richland restaurant, steals cookies
- (VIDEO) Visit Tri-Cities 'Get Your Geek On' music video aims to attract science-loving tourists