KENNEWICK, Wash. - The Toyota Center will soon be home to the Tri-Cities Fire arena football team.
The Fire are part of the American West Football Conference, a professional indoor American football league created in 2018. They will face teams from Wenatchee; Reno, Nevada; Nampa, Idaho; and Sacramento, California.
Kinshasa Martin, owner of the Tri-Cities Fire, announced the team will kick off their season in March.
“We are thrilled to brine Arena Football back to the Tri-Cities,” said Corey Pearson, Executive Director of the Toyota Center.
The Toyota Center was previously home to the Tri-Cities Fever indoor football franchise from 2005 to 2016.
- Viral sensation dubbed the 'salmon cannon' was tested by local researchers at PNNL
- Family of Kennewick crash victim issue statement on anniversary of his death
- Washington State Parks offers free admission this Sunday
- Home decor store in Kennewick close to opening its doors
- PSD celebrates groundbreaking of new Stevens Middle School