KENNEWICK, Wash. - Tri-City Americans took a break from the ice to learn more about breast cancer today.
Ams players toured the Tri-Cities Cancer Center ahead of the team's annual breast cancer awareness game which raises money for the cancer center and the community.
"The support we receive from our fans and the community is big so I think giving back to the community and hosting a night for a great cause is awesome," said Center Nolan Yaremko.
The ice rink will be painted pink at the game this Saturday, and players will wear pink game jerseys that will be auctioned off. Commemorative t-shirts will be available with a donation and there will be giveaways to the first 1,000 people through the doors.
Tickets are available in the Tri-Cities Cancer Center Foundation office for $12.
Click here for more information.
- House kills superintendent budget amid reading test debate
- CWU's Puzzle Room hopes to draw more students to its Museum of Culture and Environment
- Woman won't face charges in I-5 road rage shooting death
- Valley Mall is hosting its Silent Bunny event for children with special needs
- Dozer Day is coming to Yakima this weekend