ELLENSBURG, Wash. - UPDATE: (Friday) — The victim has been identified as 69-year-old Gary Payne of Spokane.
Payne was traveling eastbound on I-90 when his car left the road, and rolled in the median.
Payne was pronounced dead at the scene.
The exact cause of the crash is under investigation.
ORIGINAL STORY — The Washington State Patrol is investigating a deadly crash on I-90 eastbound about four miles east of Ellensburg.
At 2:14 p.m. Thursday, Trooper John Bryant tweeted that one eastbound lane is blocked near milepost 113. He said drivers should use caution in the area.
#Breaking: There is a 1-car rollover single fatality collision on EB I-90 near MP 113 in Kittitas Co. (4 mi East of Ellensburg). One lane is blocked. Please be cautious if traveling through the area. More info as I receive it.— Trooper John Bryant (@wspd6pio) September 5, 2019
This is a developing story.
- PD: Walla Walla man busted with fentanyl, shrooms, stolen guns and more drugs
- Gang member convicted of Kennewick drive-by shooting witnessed by kids
- Man found guilty of murder for shooting intruder in shower
- Anonymous donor gives 40,000 pounds of pet food to Oregon shelter
- Grant County firefighters respond to haystack fire