RICHLAND, Wash. -- Tumbleweeds is helping pay off lunch debts for Richland students with a new menu item.
The "Cafeteria Burrito" is coming to the menu on Nov. 18. It will cost $5 and 50% of the burrito's sales will be donated to the Richland School District on a weekly basis.
The restaurant was inspired by two local city council members, Phillip Lemley in Richland and Kate Moran in West Richland, because of their "recent donations and awareness of the back student lunch account issue within the community," according to a Facebook post.
Tumbleweeds is located at 894 Stevens Dr.
- Vaping bans, taxes cause local vape shops to shutter their doors
- Former Seahawk Richard Sherman gives boost to two Washington food banks
- New measles case in child who visited Portland airport
- Lawsuit: Elderly woman dies after ambulance workers drop her
- New Fairchild Cinemas theater in Kennewick opens Thursday