Two people were injured after being hit by an SUV on West Clearwater Avenue Wednesday morning.
Kennewick police say a mother and daughter tried to cross Clearwater Avenue near North Columbia Center Boulevard when an SUV ran into them around 11:30 a.m.
The pedestrians were not in a marked crosswalk at the time. Police believe they had just picked up McDonald's and were trying to cross the street to catch the bus.
The females were conscious and alert while being transported to a local hospital. Their injuries do not appear life-threatening, police said.
"We believe they're going to be okay," said Sgt. Matt Newton. "We're treating this as a serious collision because it's not every day that two people get hit on Clearwater Avnenue."
Westbound lanes of Clearwater Avenue is closed east of Columbia Center Boulevard. It should be back open around 1 p.m.
- Meth, heroin, coke, pills: Authorities seize large amount of drugs at Hermiston apartment
- Kennewick School District to meet with teachers union ahead of potential strike
- Hermiston Family Aquatic Center's basement floods
- Sheriff asked to investigate Oregon newspaper, stoking ire
- Officials: ICE-chartered flights benefit Yakima Co.