YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima Fire Department responded to a fire on the 600 block of North 6th Avenue on Sunday morning.
When crews arrived to the scene the fire was on the interior of the building and smoke had completely filled the structure.
The two occupants who were inside the residence at the time were able to escape without any injuries, along with their dog.
It took firefighters about an hour and a half to contain the flames.
The investigators were able to isolate the area of origin into the back room.
They believe the fire was caused by an electrical overload.
The Red Cross is currently helping the occupants.
The estimated damage on the property is $50,000.
- The 19th annual Mid-Columbia boat and RV show kicks off
- Port of Kennewick unveils phase one of Vista Field redevelopment project
- Washington woman gets dog poop dumped on her car
- Landscaping project will conserve water in downtown Yakima
- West Valley middle school student diagnosed with contagious fifth disease