PASCO, Wash. -- One person was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle following a report of a shooting near North 26th Avenue and West Margaret Street on Thursday.
Sgt. James Thompson said police were initially called to a report of shots fired at the scene. Two people were detained about a block away at 26th and West Henry Street.
It was believed that the male suspects were targeting another male. Through further investigation, police determined that no shots were fired. However, one of the suspects allegedly stole the victim's car.
Police said the suspect and victim are known to each other.
The suspect was taken into custody and the other person was released.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME