PASCO, Wash - Three people are in police custody after what started as an armed burglary turned into a standoff.
Police responded to a reports of an interrupted armed burglary in the 1700 block of north 6th Avenue in Pasco at about 5 a.m. They said two suspects broke into a house and tried to burglarize it when they were interrupted by the homeowner. Officers said the pair pulled a gun on the homeowner and assaulted her then ran off.
As police responded to that call, they got another call of an attempted robbery in the same neighborhood. Officers said they duo tried to rob a man on the street.
After getting a description of the suspects, a police dogs was used to track the suspects to an apartment complex at on Agate Street.
Officers locked down the area, closing Agate from 5th to 7th avenues.
Several police officers from multiple agencies responded and were able to convince one of the suspects to surrender. Other people who were inside the apartment also came out. Police do not believe they are involved in the prior crimes.
A SWAT team was called in. After another hour, officers made entry.
The second suspect was arrested and a third man was detained. Police are not sure if the third man was involved in any of the crimes.
- Mountain bikes stolen out of Kennewick
- Reportedly drunk man arrested for crashing car in Kennewick
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: The summit between Putin and Trump is underway, we have all the details
- Stolen firetruck stopped after wild chase in California
- Richland police are looking for the suspects who assaulted a man on a bike path