WALLA WALLA COUNTY, Wash. -- Over the past few weeks, Walla Walla County deputies say they've gotten several calls about porta potties being blown up with fireworks or explosives.
The vandals have mostly targeted construction sites south of Walla Walla and College Place, and most of the incidents have occurred at night. The explosions have rendered the porta potties damaged beyond repair.
The sheriff's office is trying to determine who is responsible.
The toilets are owned by a small local business that has to replace them out of pocket each time one is vandalized. Each toilet costs more "well beyond $750" to replace, making the damage a class C felony.
Tipsters can reach the sheriff's office at 509-524-5400. Reference case 2019-00008098.
- Police: Campers assault park ranger, strike officer in the head
- 100 kids participate in junior triathlon at Howard Amon Park
- Pasco PD helps secure victim's windows after domestic disturbance
- KPD searching for man who robbed girl at gunpoint for cell phone, vape pen
- Idaho woman and police officer share touching reunion