YAKIMA, Wash. -- A man who was gunned down during an altercation in a Yakima neighborhood Monday afternoon has been identified as 20-year-old Matthew Munoz of Toppenish.
Yakima County Coroner Jim Curtice said Munoz died after being shot outside a home on the 700 block of S. Ninth Ave. near West MacLaren Street. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
According to Yakima police, a juvenile male was also shot and a man in his 20s was run over by a car when an argument turned violent shortly before 5 p.m. These victims suffered serious injuries and their conditions are unknown.
Police said they're on the lookout for a red late '90s Ford Escort that fled from the scene.
No arrests have been made. It's unclear how many suspects are involved.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Firefighters contain fire at Zintel Canyon
- Olde Yakima Letterpress Museum celebrates opening of new facility
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency