YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima City Council is looking for volunteers interested in serving on an ad-hoc committee that they want to form to review design elements related to a potential homeless facility located within the City of Yakima.
City Council approved forming the committee which will be made up of seven members – one City Council member, one Yakima County Commission member or a commission-appointed representative, one representative from the Yakima Area Arboretum, an expert on homeless programs, an expert on housing programs, and two community members.
The committee will look at site considerations, services to be provided at a facility, and funding. The ad-hoc committee will ultimately make a report and recommendations to the City Council and present it to them later this spring.
Anyone interested in applying for the ad-hoc committee can download an application from the City of Yakima website or pick up an application at the City Clerk’s office at Yakima City Hall
Applications need to be mailed or turned in in person to the City Clerk’s office at Yakima City Hall by Monday, February 11th at 5:00 pm.
- Police: Campers assault park ranger, strike officer in the head
- 100 kids participate in junior triathlon at Howard Amon Park
- Pasco PD helps secure victim's windows after domestic disturbance
- KPD searching for man who robbed girl at gunpoint for cell phone, vape pen
- Idaho woman and police officer share touching reunion