RICHLAND, Wash. — A walk-up window for shaved ice will be opening at the Uptown Shopping Center this weekend.
Narwhal Artisan Shaved Ice will offer the typical rainbow-colored spectrum of flavors along with caffeinated options like Red Bull and cold brew shaved ice.
The business will operate out Kagen Coffee and Crepes off Williams Boulevard and Jadwin Avenue starting Saturday, June 8. Its tentative hours will be from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Owner Kagen Cox said the shaved ice will be made with the same high-quality syrup he uses for drinks in his current shop.
"The Uptown is, you know, that's kind of my territory," said Cox. "My dream and vision is to turn it back into a place that people want to hang out and go."
He said the move will allow him to diversify options for customers while hopefully giving his employees more hours during the summer.
The walk-up window will open a couple hours before the Uptown Art Walk, where dozens of local artists will be showing off their work at the shopping center from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Washington tornado up roots trees, sends them onto homes
- Selah man dies in hospital following motorcycle crash
- Woman reports seeing cougar attack her dog in Tri-Cities neighborhood
- Yakima police K9 Zorro bites felony warrant suspect who led officers on high-speed chase
- 16 sexual predators arrested during 'Net Nanny Operation' in Yakima Co.