WALLA WALLA, Wash. - A Walla Walla woman who died in a crash Monday morning was also the victim of a shooting in June.
Sydney English-Hawkins, 23, was driving at Highway 125 and Old Milton Highway in College Place around 7:15 a.m. when a vehicle blew through the intersection and crashed into her vehicle.
She was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene. A 1-year-old child and 3-month-old baby in the car were injured and transported to St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla.
The person who caused the crash was identified as 38-year-old Flor Perez of Walla Walla. Her charges are still pending as the Washington State Patrol continues to investigate.
Less than two months prior, English-Hawkins was one of two people shot at an apartment at 1107 West Chestnut Street in Walla Walla.
She was shot three times on June 24 and transported to a local hospital, then was treated and released the same day, according to Walla Walla police spokesman Kevin Brahman.
The alleged shooter, 28-year-old Mikhail Takele, was arrested on two counts of first-degree assault, burglary and unlawful possession of a firearm.
- Tri-Cities Grain says trade deals can help bring wheat prices back up
- New Yakima sports complex in the works, set to be one of the largest in Washington
- Jeffrey Epstein's cause of death was suicide by hanging
- Wenatchee elementary school teacher accused of molesting student
- Community raising money for Prosser murder victim's funeral costs