HERMISTON, Ore. - A wanted man was arrested by troopers following a police pursuit that started in Hermiston on Monday morning.
According to Trooper Chris Thorson with Washington State Patrol, around 8 a.m. officers with Hermiston Police spotted 29-year-old Javier Martinez of Hermiston driving a 2017 Toyota corolla rental car.
Police attempted to stop Martinez, but he fled.
Hermiston and Umatilla officers were involved in the pursuit, and used spike strips to try to stop Martinez.
Eventually, his tire went flat along I-82 near Coffin Road in Benton County.
Martinez was arrested for evading, as well as for 10 felony warrants, including rape in the first degree, and 3 misdemeanor warrants.
There were no injuries.
'I am...fashionable to hate': Immigrant moves crowd at local Islamic Center
State Supreme Court rules new car tab law won't go into effect just yet
- State Supreme Court rules new car tab law won't go into effect just yet
- Chipotle puts farmers under contracts to prevent carne asada shortages
- Meet the Kennewick Olive Garden server with the angelic voice
- Kadlec lights Giving Tree for two local organizations
- Meals on Wheels van stolen out of Tri-Cities is back home -- and it's bittersweet