EVERETT, Wash. (AP) -- A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
The Daily Herald reports (http://bit.ly/2rFhweS ) 54-year-old Tammie Peterson was charged on Friday in the death of Deborah Jeanneret. Police say Peterson's roommate reported finding the dead body in her room.
According to court papers, Jeanneret's body was found with about 40 stab wounds. She died from blood loss.
Court paper state that Peterson had initially said her former boyfriend killed Jeanneret while she was high.
After police released her former boyfriend from jail, Peterson blamed her roommate. Police say both accusations were not credible.
Peterson is scheduled to be in court early next week.
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives
- Oregon woman tries to trade photos of son for child porn, sentenced to 10 years
- Teen arrested following threat to shoot Oregon high school students
- Oregon Senate advances tax plan, heads to House
- Troopers issue more than 800 tickets for E-DUI in 2018