WILLOWICK, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman had given up hope of seeing her wedding dress again after a dry cleaner mix-up three decades ago until her daughter’s friend saw photos of the dress on Facebook.
Michelle Havrilla was nearly speechless after getting the dress back last week for the first time since her 1985 wedding.
Her dress was put in the wrong box by a now-defunct dry cleaner in Willowick and stored in another family’s attic.
The Akron Beacon Journal reports Ame Bartlebaugh found the dress on Feb. 4 when she went looking for her mother’s wedding dress.
She posted about the mix-up on Facebook, and Havrilla was reunited with the dress within a day.
Bartlebaugh hopes social media will help her find her mom’s dress before her own wedding next year.
- Yoke's, McCurley food drive brings in 58,000 pounds of food for local food banks
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead
- Multi-state insurance scam on Facebook impacts 1,600 people in Oregon
- Wanted man shot by officer in Yakima
- Woman dies after being hit by SUV while pushing kids in stroller