TOPPENINSH, Wash. - Washington State Patrol is investigating a crash that killed a woman and sent a man to the hospital.
Troopers arrived on the scene of the crash at State Route 97 near Larue Road just south of Toppeninsh around 1:40 a.m. Monday morning.
It appears the driver, 25-year-old Uriel Vasquez-Maldonado, was headed northbound on State Route 97 when the car left the road and rolled.
The passenger, 24-year-old Taneya Vasquez, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver, Vasquez-Maldonado, was taken to Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Troopers believe drugs or alcohol played a factor in this fatal crash and charges are pending against Vasquez-Maldonado.
- Granger teacher awarded Regional Teacher of the Year
- Seahawks' rookie draft class hit hard by injuries in camp
- 4 injured in 'violent' Moxee crash involving apple truck; SR 24 closed in both directions
- KSD brings in mediator, will be bargaining all day tomorrow
- Developer turning vacant Richland office building to apartment high-rise