BENTON COUNTY, Wash. - Benton County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information about a scam in Kennewick.
On Thursday, deputies responded to a call about a female solicitor at the 200 block of Rachel Road in Kennewick.
Deputies say, Amanda Jo Smith, 36, was soliciting funds for a basketball team with her 10-year-old daughter. After investigating, they believe there is no basketball team and the money is being used by Smith for other means.
Authorities are asking the public to call if they have been contacted by Smith or her daughter. If so, call their non-emergency number for dispatch at 509-628-0333.
- Suspect arrested six years after police say he watched a woman get beaten, robbed and shot at
- Tri-Cities man beats out hundreds to win $50,000 smile makeover
- 18-year-old allegedly stole over $300K in cash from Yakima area home
- WSP conducting emphasis patrols through five different counties for WSU Thanksgiving travel
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products