SPOKANE, Wash. - 60 to 70 cars are involved in a crash that is blocking several lanes of I-90 near the Geiger interchange.
According to Washington State Patrol, heavy snowfall and icy roadways are to blame. One westbound lane is blocked and I-90 eastbound is closed at Grove. An alternate route is currently in place for slow-moving traffic.
Five to six people are being taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and WSP said others who are stranded are being taken to a warming shelter.
Please drive carefully. One lane is now open westbound I-90 but traffic is heavy. WSDOT crews are on scene. Please make way for the plows and drive carefully. Slick conditions throughout the West Plains. https://t.co/zNhQk2ik70— WSDOT East (@WSDOT_East) November 26, 2019
I-90 is currently blocked both eastbound and westbound until further notice. All lanes are blocked due to multiple spin outs in the area. Please use caution and slow down as crews work to clear the area. pic.twitter.com/tECIYtAbBz— WSDOT East (@WSDOT_East) November 26, 2019
All lanes are expected to re-open within 3-4 hours.
This is a developing story. 4 News Now is heading to the scene.
- Driver in crash that killed 75-year-old woman in Umatilla County facing DUI, manslaughter charges
- Stolen truck crashes into Kennewick building following police chase
- Woman arrested on suspicion of reckless burning after RV fire in Kennewick
- Student efforts lead Gov. Inslee to declare Family and Consumer Science Day in state
- Kennewick Olive Garden waiter featured on Access Hollywood, TIME