PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State athletic director Pat Chun announced on Twitter late Friday night that the Cougars will be retiring Klay Thompson’s number.
Thompson, who has been credited as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, currently plays for the Golden State Wattiors.
He has a special bond with Washington State, however, having scored a total of 1,756 points during his WSU career.
Thompson wore No. 1 throughout his time at WSU. Now his legacy will continue to live on with his jersey in the Beasley rafters.
- Man fatally shot by officers in Toppenish identified; police say he had a knife
- Stocks flying high on trade optimism, investors still concerned
- Firefighter who died in Columbia River described as inspirational, caring and loving
- Kittitas Co. deputies say an accused child molester is on the run
- PG&E to pay $1 billion to governments for wildfire damage