PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State athletic director Pat Chun announced on Twitter late Friday night that the Cougars will be retiring Klay Thompson’s number.
Thompson, who has been credited as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, currently plays for the Golden State Wattiors.
He has a special bond with Washington State, however, having scored a total of 1,756 points during his WSU career.
Thompson wore No. 1 throughout his time at WSU. Now his legacy will continue to live on with his jersey in the Beasley rafters.
- Kennewick police arrest man for firing pistol into air during party
- Tacoma zoo welcomes the 1st baby tamandua pup in its history
- American Idol to host auditions in Spokane
- Pasco woman crashes into dead elk on SR-24
- Rio's Weekend Preview: Superhero Fun Run, 10th Annual Dunham Days and Prosser Beer and Whiskey Fest