PULLMAN, Wash. - Washington State athletic director Pat Chun announced on Twitter late Friday night that the Cougars will be retiring Klay Thompson’s number.
Thompson, who has been credited as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history, currently plays for the Golden State Wattiors.
He has a special bond with Washington State, however, having scored a total of 1,756 points during his WSU career.
Thompson wore No. 1 throughout his time at WSU. Now his legacy will continue to live on with his jersey in the Beasley rafters.
- New ETF doesn't own Walmart, Disney or IBM
- How GQ has redefined itself in an era of a new masculinity
- Toppenish officers cleared in fatal officer-involved shooting in June
- New Kennewick spa offers dry flotation bed experience
- Speed radar board placed near Kamiakin High School after complaint to Kennewick Police