YAKIMA, Wash. - A fire at a garage caused $55,000 in damages on Friday afternoon, according to the City of Yakima Fire Department.
Firefighters say that the fire sparked in the 1500 block of South 18th Street in a detached garage.
Yakima Fire District firefighters arrived to find the garage fully engulfed.
The property destroyed was estimated to cost $50,000, and property inside at $5,000.
Firefighters say there were no injuries.
The cause is still under investigation.
- Olde Yakima Letterpress Museum celebrates opening of new facility
- Police: Burglar steals jewelry while great grandmother sleeps nearby
- Washington state seismologists propose new tracking sensors
- Young West Valley Fire cadet dies after having a medical emergency
- Kennewick firefighters raising money to restore 1935 fire truck