YAKIMA COUNTY, Wash. - The sheriff's office is investigating a shooting in unincorporated Yakima County that left a 16-year-old boy dead.
Deputies and Moxee police responded to a call of shots fired in the 500 block of Chappel Lane around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
When police arrived they found 16-year-old Elias Juarez unresponsive.
Officials tried CPR and a defibrillator but were unsuccessful.
"East Valley Fire Personnel also responded to the scene to assist, but sadly, the male died of his injuries," deputies said.
They said Juarez died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Detectives with the Yakima County Sheriff's Office are now conducting the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call 509-574-2500.
- Driver disappears after flipping car onto its top
- COMING UP ON GMNW @5: Sirens will sound at Hanford, find out why
- Officials investigate 'suspicious' fire in Yakima
- Columbia Park pond stocked with over 6,000 of fish for kids fishing derby
- Camp Hope will stay open until June 30th unless it gets a permanent location