YAKIMA, Wash. -- Yakima police have identified a man who was shot and killed Friday night as 32-year-old Ruben Emilio Sanchez. His death has been ruled as a homicide.
Police got a report of shots fired in the area of North Sixth Avenue and Gordon Round at about 10 p.m.
A patrol officer responded but was not able to find evidence of a shooting, police said.
About an hour and a half later, a group of three people found Sanchez' body on train tracks while walking nearby.
The Yakima County Coroner's Office is scheduled to perform an autopsy on Tuesday.
No arrests have been made. The case is actively being investigated.
- COMING UP ON GMNW @ 5: Fatal officer-involved shooting in Toppenish; Two boaters in Umatilla County
- Patriot Tour: American flag, representing support for disabled veterans stops in Kennewick
- $7.5M award upheld for Spokane crash that paralyzed woman
- Pendleton stops jailing poor who can't pay court debts
- Police: Bicyclist injured, hit by car pulling out of parking lot in Kennewick