A Yakima Police Department officer and member of the Washington Army National Guard was on proud display during the Seahawks opening ceremony on Thursday.
The Yakima Police Department shared photos of Officer Efren Morfin standing with the Seattle Seahawk's mascot.
Officer Morfin is part of the color guard for the Washington Army National Guard, according to the department.
In a Facebook post, the department wrote, "Officer Morfin continues to serve our nation while also serving our community. Thank you to all military members for your service."
- Criminal charges against Sheriff Jerry Hatcher to be dismissed, his defense attorney says
- East Valley High School classes canceled again on Thursday
- Local nonprofit empowering students with autism hosts open house this week
- 49-year-old woman dies while working at Hanford Site
- Blake Shelton bringing 'Friends and Heroes' tour to Spokane