A Yakima Police Department officer and member of the Washington Army National Guard was on proud display during the Seahawks opening ceremony on Thursday.
The Yakima Police Department shared photos of Officer Efren Morfin standing with the Seattle Seahawk's mascot.
Officer Morfin is part of the color guard for the Washington Army National Guard, according to the department.
In a Facebook post, the department wrote, "Officer Morfin continues to serve our nation while also serving our community. Thank you to all military members for your service."
- Pasco shooting leaves man critically injured; gunman on the run
- CVS faces penalty for failing to redeem recyclable containers
- Why top investors think it's time to dump US stocks
- From Yakima to L.A.: Designer, activist seeks to inspire local students to follow their dreams
- Study: Proposed outdoor pool in East Yakima could cost upward of $7 million