YAKIMA, Wash. -- Yakima police say a woman who was reported missing by her family earlier this month has been found safe.
According to her family, Rosario Mercado, 33, was supposed to be on her way to Mexico in late July to meet up with relatives. When she didn't show up within a couple days, the family became worried, police said.
Mercado was reported missing on Aug. 2.
Detectives interviewed a number of people who know Mercado, but they were unable to track her down in the first couple weeks of her missing, police said.
On Tuesday, police said she was found at a friend's house in Yakima with her boyfriend. Police did not provide the reason she never went to visit her relatives.
- Police: Campers assault park ranger, strike officer in the head
- 100 kids participate in junior triathlon at Howard Amon Park
- Pasco PD helps secure victim's windows after domestic disturbance
- KPD searching for man who robbed girl at gunpoint for cell phone, vape pen
- AT&T Southeast workers strike, citing unfair labor practices