KITTITAS CO., Wash. - Three people are injured in a crash in Kittitas County early Tuesday morning, after a driver fell asleep at the wheel.
According to state troopers, just before 2 a.m., two vehicles were driving east on I-82 about 21 miles southeast of Ellensburg, when one of those, a Hyundai Tucson SUV, left the road.
The SUV struck the guardrail, overcorrected, and then struck the other vehicle, BMW 525 4 door.
That BMW crashed into the median, then rolled.
Troopers say the driver of the SUV, 63-year-old Johnette Guarin of Yakima, had fallen asleep at the wheel, and was cited for negligent driving.
She went to the hospital, along with two people in the BMW.
- EU bank to focus solely on clean energy sources starting in 2022
- Recession fears recede in Germany but global economy still fragile
- Macias appears to be clear winner in race for Yakima City Council position 1
- Administrators to meet with student journalists after recent press freedom protest
- After 20 years, Washington tribe hopes to hunt whales again