Othello families displaced by fire that consumed two homes
OTHELLO, Wash. — Firefighters from across Adams County converged at two homes in a remote part of their jurisdiction for reports of flames engulfing two homes.
According to a social media notice from the Adams County Sheriff’s Office, fire crews and deputies converged at two homes on the 2100-block of Margaret Ln in Othello for reports of flames and smoke.
Crews from Adams County Fire District No. 5 were joined by Adams County Fire Marshall officials to fight the residential structure fire spreading from one home to another.
Unfortunately, both homes were lost in the fire and families were displaced. The Red Cross has assisted in providing temporary shelter and accommodations as they look to the next steps.
Sheriff Wagner says that fire investigators haven’t yet been able to confirm what started the fire. However, the investigation is ongoing. They haven’t named the estimated cost of damages in the blaze at this stage.
There is no indication that anyone was harmed as a result of this fire. In the hours following the blaze, firefighters stuck around to monitor for flare-ups and search for the cause.
TOP HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning sends 2 people to Kennewick hospital
- Injured hunter rescued from rugged, snowy terrain near Milton-Freewater
- Moses Lake gang member will spend 11 years in prison for distributing meth
- Widespread damage reported across the Tri-Cities, Benton and Franklin Counties
- Police searching for man wanted for murder, connected to homicide at Yakima hotel
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.