Pasco man, 60, found with various drugs while speeding on I-90
WALLACE, Idaho. — Deputies in Shoshone County, Idaho arrested a 60-year-old man from Pasco for speeding and failing to stick in his lanes on I-90 in their jurisdiction. Upon contact, however, they recovered various forms of drugs and related paraphranelia.
According to a social media post from the Shoshone County Sheriff’s Office, deputies received a call from a concerned driver on I-90 around 9:00 p.m. on Monday, October 3. This individual claimed that a driver was riding along the Interstate at irregular speeds while failing to stick in their lane.
The nearest official was someone working with the North Idaho DUI K9 Task Force. This individual responded to the call and went to go make contact with the driver. The Pasco man was spotted in traffic, leading the DUI Task Force official to activate their lights and sirens in an attempt to pull him over.
It was clear from early on that the suspect, since identified as Pasco resident Vernon J. Stevklein (60), was into some suspicious behavior. The following items, as directly quoted from the post, were recovered:
“approximately 2 grams of suspected Fentanyl pills, 4 grams of suspected Methamphetamine, suspected “Shrooms” (Psilocybin) and several items consistent with drug paraphernalia.”
Stevklein was arrested on several charges related to his drug possession and erratic driving.
TOP STORIES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- WSP: Most of the 49 missing kids in Yakima Co. are runaways, but still missing
- Richland massage therapist suspended for alleged sexual misconduct on the job
- Man caught on camera, seen spray painting Franklin County Commissioner’s sign
- ESD 105 using $4 million grant to improve Yakima Co. students’ mental health care
- Potential NFL concussion protocol changes spark discussion for high school athletics
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.