Pasco Police Department aims for 20 donations at its upcoming blood drive
PASCO, Wash. — In an attempt to give back to community members who need it most and extend their impact on the Tri-Cities area, the Pasco Police Department is hosting a community blood drive at one of its facilities on Thursday.
According to a social media alert from the Pasco Police Department, the drive will operate out of the PPD Police Training Facility at 204 W Clark St on Thursday, May 12, 2022.
This blood drive, which is being held in cooperation with the American Red Cross, will run from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. At the time this story is being published, time slots remain available from 1:00 p.m. until close. Please note that donations are by appointment only, meaning you cannot give blood by simply walking into the facility.
If you are interested in signing up to participate in the blood drive, click here to schedule an appointment.
Pasco police officials say their goal is a total of 20 donations.
The American Red Cross has noted that it’s in the midst of its biggest blood supply shortage in over a decade.
Their website lists Type O Positive, Type O Negative, and Platelets as the most critically needed forms of donations at this time.
Between pandemic closures, staffing issues, unexpected weather, and a massive drop in student donations, the American Red Cross has seen a 10% overall drop in blood donations since the pandemic truly began to spread across the United States in March of 2020.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- “She’s a miracle,” Kennewick family recounts extreme preemie journey
- Pasco High’s Hip Hop Dance Team will be featured on America’s Got Talent
- Benton County investigators recover stolen vehicle with leads on their suspect
- Truck carrying hazardous materials caught fire on I-90 near Cle Elum, says Washington State Trooper
- ‘Lost a family member:’ Musicians mourn beloved Kennewick bassist murdered in suspected revenge killing
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.