Passerby notices smoke coming from Yakima home, firefighters help all inside escape
YAKIMA, Wash. – A passersby noticed smoke coming from the roof of a Yakima home early Saturday morning, which possibly saved lives.
When firefighters arrived to the 200 block of north Naches Avenue around 2:30 a.m., 8 people who lived inside had already gotten out, but some were still sleeping.
Thankfully, crews were able to get the rest of the residents out and extinguished the attic fire.
No one was hurt, but as you can see there was damage to the home.
No word yet on the cause.