UPDATE: Three suspects arrested in connection with West Richland shooting
UPDATE at 10:30 a.m. on July 22, 2021: West Richland Police say that they have arrested three suspects in connection with a late-night shooting that took place shortly after midnight on Wednesday.
Authorities say that none of the individuals who were arrested are West Richland residents. Despite arresting numerous suspects, the incident is still under investigation by local police.
The following breaking news story has been left unaltered.
WEST RICHLAND, Wash. — The West Richland Police Department is investigating a shooting after multiple gunshots were heard around 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
Police say a man was overheard saying he was going to shoot someone around 12:18 a.m. Wednesday.
According to a Facebook post by the West Richland Police Department, the man was picked up by a car in the area of S 58th Ave. and Norma Street.
Less than half a mile away, two gunshots were heard in the 1800 block of Maplewood Ave. around 1:00 a.m., according to police.
Investigators say no one was injured in the shooting, however, two shell casings were found in the street.
If you have any information, police are asking that you contact them through dispatch at 509-628-0333.
RECENT NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Toppenish Police search for those involved in afternoon shootout
- Washington state representative proposes better forest management
- Kennewick law firm promotes child mask-exemption form, says compliant with DOH
- Family of Pasco teen who died in crash receives community support to celebrate his life
- Yakima City Council member granted emergency protection order against fellow council member
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.