Prosser porch pirates caught after running from Benton County law enforcement
PROSSER, Wash. — Two accused thieves observed stealing packages from the driveway of a Benton County residence were brought into custody after the Sheriff’s Office turned to community members for help identifying and tracking them down.
According to a social media alert from the Benton County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday morning, two male suspects were allegedly seen in the pictured white, full-sized Dodge pickup truck at a home on Apricot Road in Prosser. This vehicle is specifically identifiable by a black door on the driver’s side of the truck.
Tips, both anonymous and public, began trickling into Benton County authorities through the mid-morning. Soon after, deputies were able to locate the two men somewhere within their jurisdiction. After recognizing that they were in trouble, the suspects allegedly ran away from local law enforcement.
However, just a short while later, the two male suspects were arrested thanks to a joint effort between Benton County deputies, Prosser police officers, and Grandview police officers.
Though county officials confirmed that the suspects were brought into custody, it’s unclear whether they were booked into the Benton County Jail. Their identities have not been made public in light of their criminal activity.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up may be issued if further details are publically revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Judge rules recall can proceed against three Richland School Board members
- Naches man lost control of his car, rolled off roadway in fatal accident on U.S. 12
- ZZ Top, Maren Morris, other musicians slated to perform this summer in Walla Walla
- ‘I felt helpless’: Yakima homeowners take advantage of Wildfire Ready Neighbors program
- “Terrifying and frustrating:’ Richland family sees effects of nationwide baby formula shortage
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.