Quincy man dies in motorcycle crash in Grant County
GRANT CO., Wash. –Washington State Patrol (WSP) says a Quincy man has died in a motorcycle accident in Grant County late Saturday night.
According to WSP, the accident happened around 10:12 p.m. on June 11th.
The motorcyclist was traveling eastbound on State Route 28 when they attempted to pass another car. When moving back into the eastbound lane, the motorcycle hit the rear bumper of another car.
The motorcycle came to rest in the westbound ditch of State Route 28, according to WSP. The motorcyclist was pronounced deceased on scene.
WSP identified the motorcyclist as a 24-year-old man from Quincy, Washington. He was wearing a Department of Transportation compliant helmet at the time of the accident.
According to WSP, no drugs or alcohol were involved in the crash.
READ MORE FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Lourdes Medical Center briefly evacuated over electrical fire
- Grilling and barbecue safety tips from the Pasco Fire Department
- Bronze cougar statue “borrowed” from Richland’s Howard Amon Park
- Kennewick man arrested for assault and unlawful imprisonment
- There’s flooding in Umatilla National Forest, what you should know before visiting
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.