Richland schools providing meals to children through late April
RICHLAND, Wash. — The Richland School District is providing free meals to students ages 18 and under at various locations starting Tuesday, March 17 while schools are closed in response to the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Every weekday during the closure, which will last at least until April 24, the meals will be handed out in bags containing breakfast and lunch items.
The meals will be available at Richland schools or by delivery to select locations. They will be available for pickup from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
No identification is required though meals must be handed to a child, not a parent. Families may walk up or drive up to be served.
Pickup will be available at the following locations:
- Badger Mountain Elementary – front door loop
- Jason Lee Elementary – front door loop
- Jefferson Elementary – back door drop off loop
- Lewis & Clark Elementary – back door drop off loop
- Marcus Whitman Elementary – front door loop
- Orchard Elementary – front door loop
- Sacajawea Elementary – back bus loop off Catskill
- Tapteal Elementary – side bus loop
- White Bluffs Elementary – back door bus loop
- William Wiley Elementary – front drop off loop
- Chief Joseph Middle School – bus loop on Jadwin Ave.
- Enterprise Middle School – front door loop
- Leona Libby Middle School – side door bus loop
- Hanford High School – front door loop
- Richland High School – drop off loop on Thayer Avenue
School buses will also deliver meal bags at 11 a.m. to the following locations:
- Aaron Drive apartments (Maple Ridge Apartments, Greentree Court) – cul-de-sac
- Santiago Estates, 2105 N. Steptoe St. – near the office
- Orchard Hills Apartments, 1854 Leslie Road – on Peach Tree Lane
- Apartments in 1900 block of George Washington Way – between Kathy Ann and Casa Grande apartments
- McMurray Park Apartments, 1780 Pike Ave. – at the mailboxes
- Cedar North Apartments, 1621 George Washington Way – mailboxes near the pool
- Columbia Park Apartments, 1602 Jadwin Ave. – near manager’s office
- Duportail Avenue apartments – at Labor Hall and Liberty Car Wash
- Hills Community on Skyline Drive – at the mailboxes
- Moon River RV Park, 1963 Saint St. – at the office
- Quail Springs Apartments, 4711 N. Dallas Road – at the mailboxes
- Copper Mountain Apartments, 255 Bella Coola Lane – at the bus stop in front
- Desert View Mobile Home Park – north side at park office, south side Haag Street and 62nd Avenue
- Red Mountain RV Park, 7300 W. Van Giesen St. – at the office
- Westview Garden Apartments & Trailer Park – gravel parking area behind library