RPD stops, impounds multiple vehicles for reckless driving
RICHLAND, Wash. — The Richland Police Department is warning drivers that if they drive recklessly, their vehicles will be impounded.
Over the weekend, officers stopped several vehicles for reckless driving.
In one instance, police say a car was racing another vehicle at over 80 miles per hour on Keene Road before the driver was stopped.
Another vehicle was stopped for reckless driving near the Uptown Shopping Center.
According to RPD, the driver of that vehicle also had a suspended license. He was booked into the Benton County Jail and his car was impounded.
Officials say they have a zero-tolerance stance on inappropriate driving behavior, adding citizens are far more likely to be killed by a drunk or reckless driver than by murder.
MORE STORIES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Iraqi CBC student highlights importance of scholarship foundation
- Pandemic-induced gathering space in Walla Walla to become permanent
- Inslee, Washington reaffirm commitment to fight climate change on the West Coast
- Detectives believe Kennewick woman pulled from Columbia River was a homicide victim
- ‘People are getting hurt’: Benita Long among at least 35 missing from Yakama Reservation
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.