Search for suspect after Washington officer shot
SHELTON, Wash. (AP) — Authorities are searching Shelton, Washington, for a potentially armed suspect after an officer was shot.
KOMO reports the Mason County Sheriff’s Office said it has set up perimeters Wednesday to find the suspect while asking residents to avoid the area.
The Washington State Department of Corrections says one of its community corrections officers was shot around 6 a.m.
The officer was taken to the hospital. The gunshot was to his torso area but is expected to be non-life-threatening.
COPYRIGHT 2021 THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.
- Boots Down: Anti-vaccine-mandate demonstration growing in Richland
- COVID-19 cases down in Tri-Cities; when it won’t be a serious concern anymore
- Reading for the Future: Books to help kids gain confidence, develop positive coping skills
- Pasco SD to hold procession Saturday honoring slain bus driver
- WA Special Olympics to receive donation from Pasco RV dealership
- UPDATE: Remember the ‘Little Library’ in Pasco? It’s here to stay
- Ellensburg teen arrested in Hawaii for allegedly selling drugs that killed one man
- Kittitas County’s Shree Saini crowned Miss World America
- Homicide investigation underway after human remains found in Kittitas County
WALLA WALLA COUNTY
- Sunshine and 60s! Cooler weather takes place, expect cold & frosty mornings -Briana
- Wine Wednesday – Valdemar Estates Winery Part 1
- Wine Wednesday – Valdemar Estates Winery Part 2
- Yakima nonprofit breaks ground on new affordable housing development
- Fewer people went to Central WA State Fair but those who did were super-hungry
- Young woman was ejected from truck, died in remote Yakima County
- Rare beluga whale sighting in Puget Sound stirs excitement — and concern
- Washington woman burned trying to rescue dog from Yellowstone hot spring
- Scarywood is baaack! Silverwood Theme Park’s scariest time of year
- Cougs look to keep winning ways against Oregon State
- Feds announce biggest meth bust in Oregon’s history
- Oregon attorney general sues two counties over gun ordinance
- Pfizer’s request to OK shots for kids a relief for parents
- UW Medicine requiring transplant recipients to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Studies confirm waning immunity from Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine
- Exemptions, but no accommodations: Unvaccinated firefighters call mandate a ‘personal attack’
- State Patrol could now lose 7% of employees over vaccine mandate
- WA state workers, including firefighters and troopers, sue over vaccine mandate
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.