Monday December 4th - Friday December 15th
The Season of Giving Food Drive
The holiday season is all about giving. So this year, KAPP-KVEW is teaming up with Yoke's Fresh Markets and Second Harvest for the Season of Giving Food Drive. The Food Drive starts on December 4th and goes through the 15th. There continues to be high need in the Tri-Cities. Right now, 1 out of 9 people - including 1 in 5 kids - struggles with hunger. Please help our neighbors in need this holiday season.
About Second Harvest
Second Harvest was founded in 1971 as a central warehouse for a handful of emergency food pantries in Spokane. Today, hunger solution centers in Spokane and the Tri-Cities partner with 250 neighborhood food banks, meal sites and other programs to feed more than 55,000 hungry people each week in the Inland Northwest. Second Harvest brings community resources together to turn every $1 donated into 5 meals. Here in the Tri-Cities, Second Harvest provides 12,000 meals a day to 25 food assistance programs that are feeding hungry children, families and seniors. To learn more, visit 2-harvest.org.
Stop by any Yoke's location to donate nonperishable food or to buy pre-filled bags of food for $5 or $10 that will be donated to 2nd Harvest. Or, click on the link below to donate online!
Participating Yoke's Fresh Market Locations:
- Echo councilman leaves meeting when asked about child porn conviction (VIDEO)
- Yakima police looking for man who shot at bounty hunters
- Pasco domestic assault suspect leads police on nationwide manhunt
- Slick conditions cause morning accidents
- Richland taxpayers will soon see lower rates, officials says
- Richland police investigating 2 child luring cases less than a week apart