Semi-truck and trailer destroyed by fire in Yakima
YAKIMA, Wash. — A fire consumed a semi-truck and a trailer in Yakima on Monday, causing tens of thousands of dollars worth of damages in the process.
According to a release issued by the Yakima Fire Department (YFD) on Tuesday, fire crews responded to the scene of 1500 North 6th Ave; near Berglund Lake and the Naches River.
When fire crews arrived, they discovered the semi-truck and trailer fully consumed by flames. Yakima firefighters sprung into action, extinguishing the fire to prevent it from spreading to nearby structures and other vehicles in the area. YFD officials confirmed that no one was injured in the fire.
Once the fire was contained, fire crews investigated the source of the fire. They determined that the fire originated in the refrigeration unit of the trailer. Fire officials also confirmed that the refrigeration unit wasn’t loaded at the time of the fire.
Investigators estimate that the total cost of damages is in the range of $85,000.
RECENT NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- School district investigates racist incident at Connell High School
- 29-year-old man fatally shot in Granger, police are searching for suspect
- Washington Hospitals Association ‘hopeful’ for summer 2021 and beyond
- Kennewick juvenile crashed into pole, car and fire hydrant during alleged DUI
- DUI suspect arrested after rolling car, continuing to drive with 3-year-old passenger
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.