Semi-truck carrying 30,000 lbs of french fries tips over in Richland
RICHLAND, Wash. — State troopers are on the scene assisting the driver of a semi-truck and trailer that tipped over while traveling from westbound I-182 to eastbound I-82 on Thursday afternoon.
According to a tweet by Washington State Patrol (WSP) Trooper Thorson, the driver made it through the situation without sustaining any serious injuries. This accident will not impact the ramp, so travelers headed eastbound on I-82 can do so without worry.
Trooper Thorson also noted that the trailer was carrying 30,000 lbs of french fries headed towards Oregon.
There have been a handful of accidents on I-182 on Thursday, June 3 alone.
This is a breaking news story. An update or follow-up will be issued if further information is revealed by local authorities.
RELATED NEWS HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP-KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Richland man injured in collision on I-182 near Badger
- Six people hospitalized in car crash along Rimrock Lake
- Two people were hospitalized in a head-on car wreck in Pasco
- AAA warns teen drivers and parents of the ‘100 Deadliest Days’
- Injury collision on I-82 in Yakima sends 20-year-old to hospital
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.