Separate collisions back up S.R. 240 from Kennewick to Richland
KENNEWICK, Wash. — Avoid S.R. 240 in the Tri-Cities if possible on Wednesday night: Two separate collisions have backed up traffic significantly as Washington State Troopers rush to clear the roadway.
The Washington State Patrol confirms that two separate accidents occurred near George Washington Way in Richland on Wednesday night. These accidents are causing heavy traffic delays as far as Kennewick with multiple lanes blocked near the crash site.
One of these crashes involved two cars and another involved four separate vehicles. Multiple occupants of these vehicles are injured, but the State Patrol has not confirmed any fatalities as of 6:45 p.m. on November 10.
The State Patrol does not have a timetable for how long the response will take. They are awaiting emergency responders with heavy machinery to properly clear damaged cars from the roadway to free up the flow of traffic.
This is a breaking news story. An update and/or follow-up will be issued once further details are revealed.
RECENT HEADLINES FROM THE KAPP KVEW NEWS STAFF:
- Fire damages restrooms near Playground of Dreams
- Richland native takes to the stars with NASA and SpaceX
- Pasco motel prowlers fired gunshot and fled after repeat offense
- Teams scour rugged Cliffdell terrain as search for missing firefighter resumes
- Kennewick drive-by suspect arrested by detectives & marshals after long investigation
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY YAKTRINEWS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.