Sex assault protection order filed against Pasco councilman

Sex assault protection order filed against Pasco councilman

A Pasco City Council member is under investigation following allegations that he touched a young girl inappropriately twice.

The Tri-City Herald reports Chi Flores has been ordered to have a no contact order with a girl in his neighborhood for the next five months. A Franklin County Superior Court judge signed the temporary sexual assault protection order earlier this week.

The Pasco Police Department reportedly referred the case to the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office. Further screening of police reports will determine if criminal charges are necessary.

Flores’ attorney Scott Johnson said he’s confident that his client will not be charged and that there is no truth to the allegations.

While the exact time of the allegations are unknown, a petition against was filed on Apr. 12 to protect the girl and her parents.

According to the protection order, Detective Chris Calcedo said an alleged sex crime was reported Mar. 30 in Pasco.

Under the order, Flores is restricted from coming within 250 feet of the girl or her family. It will be in effect at least until Oct. 2.