Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry rallied with three birdies to post a 1-over 71 in the first round of the Web.com Tour's Ellie Mae Classic on Thursday.
The NBA star is making his second appearance in the event at TPC Stonebrae in Hayward, California, with the PGA once again giving him an exemption as an amateur player.
Curry bounced back from a bogey on the second hole Thursday to record a birdie on the par-5 third hole to get back to even par. He later added birdies on the par-4 seventh and eighth holes.
He ended the first round of the tournament tied for 106th among the 154 players who finished the first round. That put him eight shots behind leaders Adam Long, Seth Reeves and Samuel Del Var.
Curry is scheduled to tee of in the second round at 4:26 p.m. ET on Friday.
In his 2017 appearance in the tournament, Curry posted two straight rounds of 74 to tie for 148th overall, missing the cut by 11 shots.
- John Elway: Colin Kaepernick 'had his chance' with Broncos
- Maryland regents to discuss athlete Jordan McNair's death
- Michael Phelps: 'I'd like to be able to save a life if I can'
- Serena Williams learned her sister's killer was free minutes before loss
- Brandt Snedeker falls one short of record with 59