thanksgiving fire-turkey smoker

House fire caused by turkey smoker causes $75K damage

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Firefighters in Portland have determined that a house fire in the early morning hours was sparked by an electric turkey smoker placed too close to the home.Portland Fire & Rescue said Thursday that a mail delivery person spotted sparks and smoke at the home shortly after 5 a.m. and called 911 before alerting the occupants.Two adults, one child and three cats made it out safely.Damage to the home is estimated at $75,000.